Saturday, June 23, 2018

Directionless

One thing about being on the east coast....is a distinct lack of mountains to be able to orient myself by.
Though with my area, it's not as bad as there are 'mountains' here. 
...More like hills really but people insist they're mountains.
So while they're in sight I can use them to help me tell directions.

But otherwise....I have no idea which way is North or West etc. 
Especially since it's been cloudy here, meaning I don't even have access to the sun to try and help myself out. lol. 

So it caught me off guard a bit when one of my friends was suddenly like "Quick, Sarnic! Which way do I go?!"

O.o
Uh. Like I Have no clue dude? Because I don't LIVE here like you do?
Lol. 

Especially because we were heading to a theatre. Which I'd never been to before.
But while we were out and about yesterday the same friend had given me a verbal tour as we were going to grab Wendy's.

So I was like. Okay. I just gotta get us to Wendy's and go from there.

Which ended up with me being like "Okay...so we turn left here....and at this part where we get on the freeway it's like a.....right?"
Ended up being a again.
But yah. ^^;; 

Lol I ended up giving some other verbal directions like "You said the theatre was 2 exits past the one we took right?" 
But also things like "Oh you said soandso works here! And this is where we'd go if we were going to Wendy's." 

And he was rather surprised lol. 
Like....I do listen to people. Haha. ^^;; Even if I'm not fully paying attention, I do try and keep in mind things that are stated. Even if I didn't expect to need to use it in the future. 

Lol. 
We did make it to the theatre alright, because my friend does know the way. XD lol. 

That didn't stop me from genuinely believing for a moment that he didn't know where we were going though lol. I was pulling up the googlemaps and everything before my brain kicked in and remembered that he'd mentioned the theatre was like two exits away so therefore....he had to know where he was going. ^^;;

Ah. 
Gotta love trying to find places in a new area. ^^;;

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment