Friday, June 15, 2018

Three Tank Tries

I had a customer come up to me towards the end of my shift, wanting to know if we had a particular tank in stock.
So he took me to the reptile aisle to show me the empty space there where a 10 gallon desert starter kit was supposed to be....but wasn't. 

We usually keep our smaller overstock tanks on the steel nearby. So I told the customer that I would go check and see if we had the one they wanted. 

First glance showed me that I possibly did, though it was hard to tell since the tanks were over my head and turned sidewise so I couldn't see their label.

So I grabbed the tall ladder we had and climbed up to the tank in question.
And it was the one I was looking for!
Ha!
So after a bit of shuffling about, I grabbed it down and brought it to the customer....

Who realized that that wasn't the tank they were looking for. 
….Okay. 

They were looking for a different tank.
One that had a picture of a leopard gecko on it.
They even showed me a picture of the tank in question....Only it wasn't the entire tank that they'd taken a picture of. No they'd only taken a picture of the picture of the leopard gecko.
Probably as a visual memory aid to help them find the tank in the store.

And like I knew that we had a tank in the store that had a leopard gecko on it.
because we sale a 10 gallon kit specifically for them.
But that spot had been accidentally double faced over by the tropical 10 gallon kits. Which meant...it wasn't on the shelf.

Plus there was also another tank that was for 10 gallon desert reptiles as well....which that spot was also empty...that could possibly fit the bill...but I couldn't remember what the animal picture was for that one.

So I went hunting again. 
And found the 10 gallon tank leopard gecko kit tank up on the steel.
I brought it down, and with the help of a coworker, moved the tropical tanks aside so I could put that tank in it's proper spot.

Only....
That 10 gallon kit still wasn't the one the customer was looking for. 

*exhales* 
Who knew if the last tank was what they were wanting at this point.
I'd already struck out twice with these customers. 
And unfortunately...I hadn't seen any other 10 gallon desert reptile tanks in the steal that I hadn't already brought down.
And I told the customer that.

But I also knew that we'd just gotten in a truck in our back room. 
Which we usually work the truck the day after it comes in because we can't plan on 'when' the trucks will show up on their shipping days, so it's easier to schedule the stockers to come in and work the tank the day after so they know they'd be coming in to actually work a truck and not have to deal with the 'maybe it will show up during my shift' issue. 

So I told the customer I could check one last spot, and I'd be right back.
I wandered to the back of the store, to the wrapped up pallets hanging out in our receiving area.
And walked through the narrow passageways, searching for a pallet of tanks. 
-Most of it was pallets of dogfood and cat food really.
But in the back, hidden out of sight was a small pallet of tanks.
Only two levels really. 
And there on the bottom of that pallet....
Was the missing tank that I hadn't been able to find elsewhere. 

So, with permission from the manager to unwrap the pallet and get the tank out for the customer.
I did just that. 

Grabbed the tank.
And brought it up to the front.

Where.
Success!!!
That was the tank the customers wanted!! lol. 

It only took me three tries to get the right one. But at least I was able to make the customer's day. ^^;; 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment