Wednesday, June 13, 2018

All the Lights

So the saga with my fishtank lights continues.

As I tried to buy a bulb a couple of days ago, only to discover it was already broken when I got home.
And I return trip to the store resulted in the discovery that the one other bulb on the shelf too was broken. 
So I went home emptyhanded.

Well yesterday, knowing that there was company coming over,
I decided to buy a different style of bulb.
Instead of the regular white light bulb, I'd go for a 'color max' bulb that would 'enhance the color of the fish' because it would give off a more pinkish light? Or something? 
*shrugs*
But at least it would be a light. 
And if I didn't like it, I would only need to keep it until we got in more white light bulbs and then I could return the pinkish one and get the white one.
Easy peasy.

Only.
After double checking the bulb to make sure it wasn't rattling before I bought it.
I took it home. 
Put it in the hood.
Turned it on.

To nothing.
The bulb didn't turn on!!

*exhales*
Had I really bought ANOTHER broken lightbulb?

But. I decided to test it.
So I pulled out the other lightbulb in the other hood on my tank.
And put the pink bulb in.

It turned on.

I put the white bulb from that hood into the other one...
And it didn't work.

Which meant....
That it wasn't the bulb that was broken.
But the hood. 

*exhales* 
Which meant I needed to buy a new hood for the tank, not a bulb. 

Except...we don't really carry bulb hoods anymore.
Everything's gone more LED.

And the LED lights? Expensive. 
*shakes head* 

And it would be weird to have one LED light and one Bulb light.
Because they give off different brightnesses. 
So I'd need to get LED lights for the entire tank setup.

But that's $$$$
Money I don't really want to spend.
But like...I don't want only half my light working.

Except.
I had this thought today.
Where twice a year, my work increases the discount we get. Doubling it. 
And I realized....that had to be coming up soon. 
Because it's usually around this time of year that it happens. 

And if it was happening soon, then I could wait until then, and then buy the LED lights and get a discount on them. 
So like woo!!

Only I needed to find out when that was happening.

And after asking a manager, 
I discovered that this doubling of our normal discount....
Starts tomorrow. 

:D :D :D

YES!

So really I just need to wait another day, or maybe two to buy the new lights!!!
Woot!!!

^^;;
Hopefully this works out. 
*fingers crossed* 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment