Sunday, July 1, 2018

A Farewell

It was a sad day for us all in the Dirchi clan today.

Because last night, our cat Flare....passed away. 

Having been with us for the past 14 years....it's rather crazy to think that she's no longer with us.
I mean. She's been a fixture in the house since I was in Jr. High. 

That's a long time. 

But I can't say that her passing was unexpected.
No, when I came back from the East Coast earlier this week....
I knew she wasn't doing too good and that it wasn't likely she'd be with us much longer. 
She just wasn't...acting right.
And. She'd stopped eating her favorite cat treats.
So yah....we knew it was coming.

Though it was still hard to hear. 
To have her be gone. :( 
She's been with us, meowing, and purring and hanging out for over a decade. 

Now though.
She gets to return to being with her two sisters KoKo and YumYum, both of which she long out lived, so hopefully that reunion was sweet. ^^;; 

But yah.
Bit of a hard day for all of us. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment