Monday, July 16, 2018

Thunder Woes

Gotta love it when plans go awry. 
I was just finishing up on my timeline of writing for the night and was about to go head and take a shower before bed....
When the power went out. 
The house. Left in darkness. 

We're not sure what caused the outage...possibly the wind.....as that was blowing rather strongly.
Because a quick moving storm hit us like thirty minutes later unleashing a deluge of rain and a lot of lightning and thunder. 

^^;; It was AWESOME!!
I love lightning storms and I don't get to see them often. ^^;; 
Thankfully, because it was quick moving, we didn't have it upon us for longer than an hourish. 

And before the two hours were up....our power came back on!
Woot!
So I was able to take that shower!
Woot!
Though semi bad luck on my part was that just as I was stepping out of the tub....the power went out again.
So that was fun navigating in the darkness. *shakes head* 

But the other notable thing....was that our next door neighbor.
The same neighbor with the friends who fixed my car.
Sent us a text after the power went out the first time, stating that he would hang out outside until the power came back on to 'keep an eye on things'
-They ended up taking shelter during the rain storm, him and his friend. 

But like. It was rather sweet of him to look out for us like that. 
Because like....a year ago....Or even a couple of months ago before our houses nearly caught fire...I doubt he would have cared or even thought about it. 

^^;; It's rather nice really...to have gotten on better terms and be on better ground with each other. ^^;;

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment