Wednesday, July 25, 2018

SILVER!?

I was in the middle of helping one of our regular customers.

A woman and her grandson, that I've seen off and on constantly over the year(s) because she would often come in to buy her grandson more goldfish because the ones they'd been keeping had once again died. 
-I tried to convince them to do betta fish...but the success rate for them wasn't much better.

However, like a year and a halfish ago -as she brought it up to me- she said that she'd gotten a hamster and it had just died.

So now they were going to try a parakeet. 

O.o 
Like....I admire the woman's persistence in giving her grandson a pet but like....idk how well a bird would do for them in their house.

Still. I helped her out, grabbed the bird her grandson had picked out.
And even offered to put the cage together for her.

But as I was walking up to the register, this man approaches me, looking lost.

So I asked him if I could help him find something.

"Lint rollers" came his breathless reply. He gave off the energy of being in a hurry so I gave him a quick directional response of "Aisle 10 left side" To which he thanked me and rushed over that way.

However, I know customers....and they can't always find the thing they're looking for if they don't know what they're looking for.

So I took the regular customer to the register. Told her that I was just going to check on that other customer and I'd be right back to help her put her box together.

I was right to go check on the guy.
He was waaaayyy over towards the end of the aisle on the far side when I rounded the corner.
The lint rollers had only been within the first few feet of entering the aisle.

So I pointed them out to him, let him pick out which one he wanted, and then turned to him and asked "Anything else I can help you with?" 

And I was confronted with him just standing there.
Staring at me. 

O.o

My first thought was he was trying to think of what else he was needing.
But as I realized that his eyes were looking at my head...he spoke. "You're hair is SILVER!" he exclaimed. 

*shakes heads* lol. 
"Yah, it's natural" I told him, expecting the question of "is it dyed" to be next.
"NATURAL!?" He asked, sounding like he couldn't believe it.

Which makes sense lol. I have a young face. To have grey hair and a young face? Its not normal lol. 
"Yep! I have a gene that causes my hair to go grey early." I told him as I walked him up to the front to the register.

-Which was awkward by the way. Because he kept staring at me/my hair with this starstruck look that made it difficult to keep a conversation going with him.

Lol it basically ended with him saying. "I wish I had grey hair!" as I broke away help the regular customer put her bird cage together.

Though I get the impression he was watching me while I did it. As when I got the cage together and in the cart for the customer -timing it well so that I got it done basically at the same time she finished paying-
The guy was still looking in my direction. So  I gave him a polite smile said "Have a good day!" and went back to my department. 

*shakes head* lol. 
Definitely an interesting way to start my morning for sure lol. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment