Monday, July 23, 2018

Morning Woes

Sometimes I feel like Sundays  at work are like....the days for things to go weird and/or wrong. 

Like. There are times I dread coming into work Monday because I don't know what I'll find from Sunday.

Today was one of those 'uhoh' days when I came in.

The first thing I noticed....
Was that we had a fishbowl on our cricket podium.
Filled with water and a betta fish within. 

O.o
Which upon closer inspection, it was a different betta fish than the one in the bowl on Saturday.
As Saturday we had a fish event and as part of the decorations we placed a betta in a bowl and decorated the bowl with sticker clings that we were giving away to kids. 

But I'd thought they would have taken the tank down...
And my opening coworker told me that they had taken it down. 
Yet for whatever reason....someone had set it back up and put in a new betta fish. 

*shakes head*

Turns out the VP Manager had given permission to have a bowl display set up.
And had even named the betta fish July. 

However.
It was against policy.
We're not allowed to have any tank set ups -for any live creature- that aren't 'official' cages for the critters.
So we can't set up extra hamster cages, bird cages, fish/reptile tanks to house live animals in as a display. 

Meaning. 
I took down the bowl. 
Put the betta in our 36 gallon tank -as at the time I had no idea which betta it was. 

And yah. Called it good.

But the other thing of today...
Was our Feeder Goldfish. *exhales* It's always the feeders.

I came into work this morning and noticed that the water in one of tanks was much higher than the other seven. 

And upon closer inspection.
The water level was literally at the lip of the tank. :S 
Like..."I could overflow at any moment" full. :S :S 

And it was because almost all the other locklines on that row had clogged up.
Putting more water through the remaining tanks faster than it could drain back out. 

Thankfully, spending a few minutes clearing out all the other locklines resulted in the waterlevel of the overfull tank naturally lowering itself back down.
Disaster averted! Woot. ^^;;

But yah. 
>.>
I do have to wonder what happens in our store on Sundays....

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment