Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Goal 1: Plan Better

I don't understand my managers.
I really don't.

They're constantly harping on doing customer service and making customers the priority....

And then they turn around and completely screw over the store in regards to helping the customers. 

Why?

Because time and time again.
The managers have decided to have a 'meeting' at like the worst possible times really.

Like....you'd think if you were going to have a meeting. You would want there to be enough coverage on the floor while you're in said meeting to ensure that you have all your bases covered and then some.

But nope.

Time and time again.
They hold the meeting when there's only the cashier and myself as 'non managers' in the store. 
Which considering the cashier can't leave the front of the store as they need to check people out....

Ends up leaving me running around with my head cut off trying to help everyone everywhere in the store.

and it sucks.
It's stupid.

Like dear managers.
Get your act together and either a) hold shorter meetings -as their meetings are always like 2-3 hours it feels like. 
Or b) hold the stupid meetings when we actually have COVERAGE!
Like if they'd kept their meeting to just an hour we would have been fine.
But it was when things went into the second hour mark that things when awry because half of my coworkers were off then.
Leaving just me and the cashier in the store.

To make matters worse. 
The managers wanted me to be the 'sales coach'
Which is basically a glorified greeter.
And the glorified greeter should be at the front of the store helping to direct customers to where they need to find things.

ONLY.
I was the only one in  Petcare at that point in time.
AND I was trying to get the bedding change done.
Guess what didn't get done?
The bedding change because I got like maybe five of 18 cages done in that hour period because I had to keep pausing to take phone calls, help people in my department, do carry outs, help people in other sections of the store, and you know keep an eye on our online orders.

Which....gah.
It was frustrating.
I was already scheduled to open BY MYSELF again today.
So like I was already shortchanged in getting opening done in any timely manner.

This just made it all worse. 

*shakes head* 
I didn't end up finishing the bedding change. 
And had to leave it and the other handful of opening tasks I couldn't finish to my coworker who came in to replace me.

*exhales*
The managers need to work out a better system for those stupid meetings. Because I hate it when I can't get my own tasks done and end up feeling like I've run around the store with my head cut off the entire time they're sitting there chatting about who knows what.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment