Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Need a Seat?

There was an older lady standing outside our doors today.

I only noticed because I saw that our Head Manager was trying to bring carts into the store from the parking lot.

But this white-haired woman was standing just to the side of the doors, still slightly in the way, trying to finagle with a cart, she was having trouble turning it to come into the store, though I could see that there was someone else with her.
So I kinda assumed they were just talking outside the doors, not realizing that they were just enough in the way that my manager couldn't bring all the carts in.

Until the manager called over the radio for someone to bring up a chair. 
Not one of our desk rolling chairs, but one of the metal folding chars we had for a customer to sit on.

So I volunteered because I wasn't busy at that moment.
And darted to the back of the store to find the chair and bring it up.

I couldn't quite tell how the woman was struggling, but offered her a chair for her to sit on.

As I'm guessing with our 90 degree heat, that she may have gotten a bit overheated. 

And so we got her sat down at the front of the store, by our display fish tanks. And we were seeing if she needed anything else.

Which she wasn't sure.
So I suggested a bottle of water.
As I remembered we had those because management has taken to brining in cases of water for us to have.

She said yes to that.
So I darted to the back of the store again to grab one of the waters and bring it back up to her.
For which she was grateful.

And after about ten minutes of resting.
She and the other woman she was with went ahead and shopped about the store. 

So yay for being helpful! :D 
lol.
And apparently we're going to keep chairs closer to the front now, in case that happens again...
Which surprisingly as I was clocking out from work....
I saw another customer using a chair to sit down and rest while her family shopped nearby.

Must be the heat. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment