Saturday, July 28, 2018

Clipping

It's always slightly terrifying to have a customer return to the store with one of our animal boxes in tow.

Because most of the time...a dead pet resides within.

So my thoughts upon seeing a Grandmother walk into the store with an animal box were definitely "Oh No." 

Because I had sold this grandmother and her grandson a parakeet like...three days ago? 

And I couldn't help but think. "They killed it." 

My thoughts must have shown on my face because the grandmother was quick to say "Oh! The bird is fine! He's alive!" 

Well, that was a definite relief to hear, but now I was wondering if she was wanting to return the bird.

Nope.

Apparently the parakeet is a rather determined flier, and despite clipping the wings the first time...could still fly around the house.
So she'd come in to see if we could clip them a bit more to prevent him from flying.

Which was an easy enough thing to do.
I took the parakeet into a smaller space where he wouldn't get loose and did just that.

Hopefully he can't fly as well now. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment