Thursday, October 4, 2018

Presentation

So I'd gotten the call earlier in the week.
Where a teacher was calling to see if it was still alright for her to bring her class to our store today (Thursday) 
As apparently, last week she'd called and talked to our new H.M. 
And the new H.M. had told her to email him details and such and that he'd get back to her.
Only....she never heard back from him and therefore was calling to see if a) he'd gotten the email and b) if it was okay to come still.

The problem?
H.M. wasn't in the store today.
Wasn't going to be in the store for the rest of the week because he's still in charge of his original store (as they haven't found a replacement H.M. for that store and they're shorthanded there as well) and that sister store in the next valley over was getting a visit this week from the D.M. 
Therefore.
He wasn't going to be around.
Which meant that I would need to have the teacher talk to our second-in-command.

>.<
Only when I tried to get to him -as he was in the store today----
He was stuck on the phone.
Who knows why.
But he wasn't getting off in a timely fashion at all and couldn't really multitask.

Therefore I tried to look up the email -via asking the manager to let me see it.
Couldn't find the potential email.
So I took initiative and went to look at the schedule, to see what sort of coverage we'd have on Thursday.

I was opening by myself.
And the teacher wanted to come during that point where I would be by myself.
But I had a manager and two other associates in the store at the same time.
So I figured that we would *fingers crossed* hopefully not be busy during that 45ish minute period.
As it would be morning and 'most' of the time its not crazy busy then. So the couple of customers who'd need help during that time would hopefully be covered by my coworkers/manager. 

So I told the teacher that it should be fine for her and her kids to come in and that I would be able to show them the animals and such.

-I mean we kinda do it all the time anyways.
And not every teacher who drops by with her kids gives us the heads up lol.

It really depends on the group. Some teachers want us to try and teach the kids and show us the animals. Other teachers come in just to have the kids look and don't really need us around.

So I was confident it wouldn't be a big deal.
And once the 2nd in Command FINALLY got off the phone, I gave him and the other manager who would be on duty today the heads up as to what was happening.

She ended up calling yesterday as well to ensure that it was still okay.
Which is hardly helpful as it was a different manager on duty then and she was like "DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS?!" 

*exhales* I hadn't told her because she wasn't going to be there and I didn't think she needed to know since she wasn't going to be there, but thanks teacher for causing a slight panic. *shakes head* I reassured her that I knew about it and was planning for it and that I'd told the other two managers as well. 

In any case.
Right on time.
The teacher came in today with her kids.
Like 17 of them. ()_() 
So many kids. 
So many.

lol and like I expected.
It was just a lot of me bringing out different animals for them to pet. 
Guinea Pig, Hamster, Tortoise, Ball Python, Bearded Dragon, and a Cat. 
Which over all the animals took it pretty well to suddenly being petted by a ton of different little hands. 
I was most impressed by the hamster. As I'd been a bit leery of getting one out as they're the most likely to bite. But he did alright with all the little hands.
No one got bit! Woot!

And in the end. 
The kiddos gathered by the fish wall to oogle the fish and the teacher had me pick out three bettas for the class to choose for their classroom pet.
I chose a red and a blue because those are common colors and then a purpley one.

The kids were then lined up and shown the three options.
Which was cute because the helper would be like "Pick one. One two or three?" pointing to the cups the bettas were in.
And the kids were good little parrots going "One Two Three!" right back. lol. 
So there was a lot of "No, pick the one you like." 

In the end.
Red got 2 votes.
Purple got 6 votes.
and Blue got 9 votes 

Meaning Blue won.

So the teacher took the fish up to purchase 
-Which was like a first lol most teachers just bring the kids in to look and then leave.

And then left with the kids.

It was kinda fun.
A nice different distraction for the day. :) 

Until you next read these words; 
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment