Friday, October 26, 2018

An Interesting Place

It was supposed to be a simple outing to get dinner.

You know...fast food...it's meant to be fast.

But as we walked up to our chosen place....

Things already felt a bit...off.

The dude washing the door windows was quick to apologize for being in our way.
Which...he wasn't? I mean, we get that keeping the windows clean is a thing and he moved right out of the way when we approached so it wasn't like we needed to ask him to move or anything.

But he was like "Tell them that you get a free grande meal on me!" as we walked in.

O.o 
Ummm okay?

We didn't ask for that lol. 
I mean....we were barely arriving. No inconvenience and really....why would the employees inside believe that the dude cleaning windows had said that? 

In any case.

We went to order our food.
And I noted that the cashier was acting....a little off.
Constantly adjusting her shirt and such....
….and struggled to understand what "Nachos" I meant. Asking if I was wanting the 'supreme' or not and I was like "you know....the regular nachos...with the chips and the cheese in a cup?" 

I didn't think much beyond that.
Having ordered my food and gotten my drink cup.
I was content to put the matter behind me. 

Until our order was called and I went to grab it.

You see, after I had ordered, my mom had made her order and then my dad.

But when I got our food back to the table....
My mom's order was nowhere to be found.

And checking the receipt...
Her order hadn't even been entered into the computer.

Somehow the cashier had gotten my order and my dad's...but missed my mom's. 
Not sure what buttons she'd hit or not hit to totally miss that.

But yah....I went back up to the front to order her food for her.

And was confronted with a different cashier.
A guy.

Only there were people standing in line in front of me.
So they were getting their order first....

Only apparently they didn't have enough cash?
Because they said they'd 'be back later' and left without paying for anything.

But as I approached to get my mom's order....the cashier left to go back into the kitchen area....

So I stood there awkwardly for a minute until someone realized I was waiting....
And the dude who'd been washing windows came up from the back to take my order. 

*shakes head* I was beginning to think of it as a merry go round since I'd seen three different cashiers in like five minutes when usually you see one ...maybe two.

In any case.
I gave my mom's order. 

And the cashier couldn't figure out how to put 'shredded chicken burrito' into the register.

…..Like I wanted to help him, but I was ordering for my mom. I had no idea where on the menu it was and I had no idea how to work the register for him since I've never worked in fast food lol.

Thankfully he figured it out in the end. 

And I ended up mention "Yah this is the second time I'm making this order because the first time the other cashier didn't get my mom's order so she didn't get any food."

He was like ()_() What?! 
And demanded to see the receipt.
Which I showed him...not that there was much to see since my mom's order wasn't on that lol. 

But yah, he ended up giving me the burrito for free. ^^;; 

So yay!! Mom finally got her food. 

But yah....
Definitely a weird vibe to the place...to the people. We left wondering if half of the workers there were...well high. *shakes head*

Definitely an interesting experience. 
Interesting.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment