Sunday, October 14, 2018

An Outside Perspective

It's interesting.
Writing.
How you can get so focused on something.
And get stuck.
And then like a simple comment from a friend/reader/etc could make things so clear.

Like I've been struggling to figure out how to write the ending to one of my fics, feeling like what I was writing was too cheesy.
So I showed the snippet I was working on to my friend, just to see her reaction and to see if it was as cheesy as I was thinking it was.

And she was like "No! Are you kidding! This is like the moment the whole story has been building up to!" 

Which took me aback.
It was?
And like....looking over the story. ^^;; lol it totally is.
But I was so focused on something else that I didn't see it. I didn't see the bigger picture. The overarcing arc...and like. :D It's great.

Lol. It's fun with writing how you can put so much symbolism and foreshadowing and motives and your readers will often make connections that you didn't even know were there.

Which is great. ^^;; When one is stuck on how to proceed lol. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment