Friday, October 12, 2018

Too WARM

*head desk* 
I've totally nearly killed my betta like twice in the last twenty-four hours. 

First was last night with the sudden unexpected water change.

Then the second time was this afternoon. 

As you see, I did go to work to get my betta his new fishtank.

-To the confusion of all my coworkers/managers.
"WHY ARE YOU HERE ON YOUR DAY OFF!"

"I made a midnight mistake and I'm fixing it okay?!" 

lol.
In any case.
I got my tank.
Brought it home.
Set it up.
Filled it up.
But my betta inside.
Was about to go put it in it's proper spot in the living room....

And noticed that my betta wasn't acting right.
He was twitchy.
Going into death...spirals.

NOT A GOOD SIGN.

So I felt the water.
It was warm.

Too warm by how my betta was acting. 
AHHH
I WAS KILLING MY FISH
HE WAS DYING RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!

So I rushed the tank back to the sink and pour cold water in the tank, hoping to get the temperature to survivable levels for my betta.

Poor Wit.
My poor poor fishy.
He's been through so much trauma I the past 24 hours. Y_Y;;; 
Because of me. 
*exhales*

Wit lay at the bottom of the tank, gills flaring for like thirty minutes before he moved to the top of the tank to hang out.
He was....rather lethargic throughout the day.
-As I stayed nearby the entire day to keep an eye on him.

But he was still alive!
Pretty sure he's sulking though.
Probably thinking mean thoughts towards me.

Thankfully, he perked up as the sun set. Becoming a bit more perky and active.
Which was a huge weight off my mind. *sigh of relief*

*fingers crossed* That he continues to do well. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment