Wednesday, October 10, 2018

It's Been A Day

All I wanted when I got home from work, was to order a pizza and take a shower.
Because today was just...a day.
A frustrating day at work.
Filled with frustrating customers that had very specific needs that I couldn't meet and yet they kept expecting me to be able to meet those needs. 
*exhales*

So all I wanted to do when I got home was relax.

It didn't happen.
Right away.

As when I went to feed my fish in my 125 gallon tank.
I saw that two of my fish had died. Y_Y 
...Not unexpected really.
I'd noticed in the past week that they weren't acting good.
So their deaths weren't a surprise.
Even though both dying on the same day was.

In any case.
When I went to grab the net to fish out my poor fishies…
I noticed that the water was cold to the touch.

Which....considering the tank should be sitting at around 80 degrees....wasn't a good thing.
As the water felt colder than that.
Much colder.
Colder than the fishtanks at work.
Nearly the same cold as the feeder goldfish tanks.
Which hover in the high sixties. :S
Too cold for my fish!

So glanced at the thermometer and saw....
That the tank was sitting at about 72ish degrees.

Basically at the 'coldest' setting it should be at for my tropical fish to do well.

They obviously weren't doing well.
The fish were slow to respond when I turned on the lights today. 
Slow to react to coming to grab food.

Which meant...yah they were too cold.

And it was odd because I could see the lights on both of my heaters were on.
Only....
They obviously weren't working. >.< 

Who knows how long they haven't worked for.
It hasn't been an issue...
As it's only gotten cold in the past couple of days. 

But one thing for sure.
I couldn't wait to buy heaters.
I considered it yes. 
I mean I didn't want to go back to work so soon after I had left the place.
But seeing a couple of fish acting odd.
Seeing my angelfish being antisocial.

Yah, no. 
I was buying those new heaters.
So back to work I went.

To buy two new heaters for my tank.

Thankfully these ones appear to be working just fine.
So woot!!
Already my fish have perked back up and are being their active happy selves. ^^;; 

So yah....
But hey. The original set lasted me almost two years. So woot! 

(and yes I did get my pizza.)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment