Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Gone

They actually did it.
They took away the fishtanks. 

So. Remember like a week ago when I said that my store was finally getting rid of our three display fish tanks...after like six years of telling me that they were going away?
And how on Thursday they're like "Surprise! We're cutting the power to the tanks today instead of Friday so HURRY AND FISH OUT ALL THE FISH!!" 

Yah.
Good times.

In anycase.

Yesterday was the actual day of them taking out that little endcap wall enclosure.

-Which meant that from Thurs-Mon Night we had these empty fish tanks sitting there.
Which made it all the more depressing to be at work those days because...there used to be fish and water in those tanks.

Not no more.

Last night, after the store closed.
They came in and got rid of that tank set up wall thing.

That's probably been there since the store opened really. 
...I honestly wonder how old those tanks are...

But in any case.

I came into work this morning...

To find that the three fishtanks had been taken into the back and wrapped up on a pallet (at least two were...I'm not quite sure where the third ended up) 

And the area where those three tanks had stood. 

They had replaced and put another section of shelving stuff in.

So that we can old yet more fish tanks...but ones that we sell to customers. 

*exhales*

It's all so boring now.

Though I suppose a weight off our shoulders as a) we don't have to worry about caring for the tanks and b) we don't have to worry about needing to fish fish out of the tanks for customers.

But still.
I enjoyed standing up there and just....watching the fish.

Now it's just...boring tanks. XP 
Bleh.

But it is interesting to note that the floor is discolored where the tanks had stood lol.
I can still see the patterns and such on the ground....

So I wonder if those will ever go away...or if it's like a permanent stain now....

*shrugs*

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

1 comment:

  1. Man do I miss reading about the mundane happenings of the lives of strangers. It's so sad to watch blogs die out. Thanks for sharing and keeping with it!

    ReplyDelete