Thursday, October 11, 2018

A Midnight Idea

You know how often many amazing ideas come at midnight?
Well. I kinda had that today.

….To not so great results. Heh. ^^;;

You see. 
For a while now, one of my betta tanks has been rather....well green.
It's situated in a spot that will get sunlight shining on it.
And since my betta in that tank likes to eat his cleaning snails.
It's been steadily getting worse.
And I've been too lazy to clean it myself because well....I'd been hoping that the snails would do their job and clean the thing.

But sometimes you gotta lend a helping hand.
And tonight. I finally got sick of the tank being green.

I discovered, however, as I went to clean the tank, I couldn't find my scrubbing pad.
I have no idea where I stuck it actually. *exhales* 
It may have gotten thrown away by a roommate. >.> 

In any case.
Searching throughout the house.
I found one of those kitchen scrubbers.
You know the yellow and green sponges used to clean dishes?

And I remembered using them as a kid while cleaning tanks.
-Brand new ones, not ones that have touched soap as that would be bad. 

This one was new.
So I figured. 
SUCCESS!

So I set to work, scrubbing the algae with the yellow side.
Only to quickly realize in my tired mind, that the yellow wasn't taking the algae off as quickly as I wanted it to.
So I switched to the green side.
Which did the job much better because the side was rougher.

And once I had the tank basically all clear of algae.
I filled it back up. 
And then noticed....how hazy the tank looked.

*exhales*
I totally scratched up the entire inside of that tank.
Making it difficult to see the Betta within.

GAH.
How was I supposed to know that the green side of that sponge would be too rough for the tank?
*shakes head*

Probably if I hadn't been trying to clean the tank in the middle of the night....I would have realized why it was a bad idea sooner.

But I didn't.
So now I have a scratched up tank. 

Foo.

However!
Thankfully.
It was just a little on gallon tank.
Specifically one that's like $15 when it's not on sale. And it was currently on sale! So ha!

So the plan is to go in in the morning and get my betta a new shiny unscratched tanks.
And buy some proper scrubbing pads in the process so I don't mess up another tank in my next cleaning attempt. ^^;;

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment