Thursday, October 25, 2018

Get Them Out

So you remember how like...two days ago, I wrote that post that they were taking out our display fish tanks and that we would need to have the fish out of the tanks by Friday because that's when they were coming to shut off the power to that part of the aisle and like...totally remove that section to...revamp it as something else?

>.< Guess who showed up TODAY (Thursday) to shut off the power?? 

*exhales*

It's not Friday guys. Why did you come today when you said you were coming tomorrow?

In any case.
I had had this nice little plan to attempt to get the fish out of their tanks once I was done with my opening tasks -if  I had time.
And if I didn't have time? I would have the evening people do it.
No big deal.

But then, halfway through my opening tasks.
My manager comes up to me to say that the electrician guy was here. Right now. And that the power to those tanks would be shut off within the hour.

-Like ten minutes later.
The power had been shut off to the tanks.

….And the tanks were still full of fish. 

AHHHHH.

I mean. It's okay for the fish to be without filtered water for a little bit.
They're large tanks.
It's not a big issue.

But like...now there was a time crunch.

So I had to delay opening my department so that I could make sure all the fish were taken out of their tanks and put back into their spots on the fishwall. 

It was stressful.
Especially considering I had a shorter shift today.
And I had no idea how long it would take to get the fish out.
And I had to make sure all the fish were out. 

*exhales*
I managed it.
Thankfully.

Except for one pleco that is in this big tree decoration and refuses to come out.
But hopefully we can get him out sooner rather than later....

If I saw him in there at all...which I'm pretty sure I have.
But he vanished after a couple of attempts to get him to swim out.
Sooo no idea.

But I placed the stump in water to make sure he wouldn't perish at least. 
Hopefully one of my coworkers got him out. *fingers crossed* 

In any case.
I succeeded.
But didn't succeed in getting the rest of opening done. :( foo.

And as an interesting note.
Apparently the manager is planning to raffle off our three tanks to coworkers. 
So whoever wins the raffle.
Will be able to take home one of the three tanks. 

I mean...there's not much else we can do with them lol. They're so old.
I don't even know how old they are. 
But they've been in that store longer than I have.
So it's not like they're in top tier condition. 

I suppose we could try and sell them if the raffle idea doesn't fly.

And I'm just wondering what I'll do if I end up winning one of these tanks. 

Because like I already have a 125 gallon.
Lol I don't necessarily need another one. 

I guess I'll figure it out if it actually happens. 
^^;;

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment