Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Hidden Away

My coworkers made a discovery last evening. 

I'm not quite sure the full context as I heard it second hand.

But apparently one of my new coworkers discovered that a customer had left us a fish.

-Which happens on occasion. Customers come in and just leave their pets.
Some do it very obviously.
Like plucking down a cat or a 10 gallon tank on the register and going "I don't want this. Here!" And storming out.

Others....hide the pets.
Like they don't want us to see them so they just find a spot and set them down and hope that we find it eventually.
Like a kitten left in a dog crate.
Or a tortoise left to wander the floor.

This particular customer, whoever they were.

Place a goldfish.
Not a tiny one inch goldfish.
No a large goldfish about the size of my fist. so like a good 4-5 inches long and three inchesish wide in a small container that barely fit the poor Lionhead goldfish.

And then proceeded to hide it behind some bags of hamster food.
HAMSTER FOOD.

Like Six aisles away from the fish wall. *shakes head*

It's a good thing my coworker noticed.
Who knows how long the fish had actually been there.
But when they found him he wasn't doing too good.

We put him in our iso tank and he apparently just sat at the bottom for a while.

Thankfully though.
When I came in this morning.
He was perky and swimming around.
So woot!!

Lol. 
I probably would have taken him home today...
Except a different manager has first dibs.
So I'm waiting to see if he's actually going to take the poor goldfish.
Because if not.
I'm totally going to give him the good home he deserves. 

We'll see how it goes.

I'm just relieved we found him in time.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment