Monday, October 1, 2018

The First

It felt like a Saturday today.
Not in the 'let's play and have fun!' sort of way.
No. It was a Saturday like day at work today.
Meaning there were a ton of customers in the store.

Which is so weird.
I mean.
Monday Morning.
And there's already a dozen people in the store as we're opening the doors for the day.
Where there's constant calls for backup.
Constant phone calls.
Constant socialization. 

Needless to say.
It was exhausting. 

Who comes into a store on a Monday?
Who comes into a store on a Monday morning?! 

*exhales*

People who didn't go shopping over the weekend apparently. 

Like...what was it about today to bring out the masses?
Was it because it was Monday?
Was it because it was the first of the month?
Did people get paid today and decide "Let's go to the pet store!" 

*shrugs*
No idea.

But it drained me.
I ended up with the same sort of tension in my shoulders that I usually get after working a Saturday shift. 
Happened around the same time of day too.
Just after the lunch hour.

Which only has to mean....I had to help way too many people today.
*exhales*

*fingers crossed* tomorrow isn't as crazy.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment