Sunday, September 30, 2018

Noise Noise Noise

I don't know if campfires will ever smell the same way again.

I mean they will.
But I don't know if they'll always have the same connotation as they had before June.
When the fire nearly took our house.
Before this summer.
When our valley has been plagued with smoke from multiple forest fires burning in the mountains. 

It's smelt far too much of smoke this year.
That's for sure.

And more of it was added to the air today.
When a fire in the valley below us broke out.

I was only alerted to it because I could hear the sirens.
Sirens that continued on and on and on.

With it getting louder with more police cars and sirens joining in.

It lasted for like ten or fifteen minutes these sirens.
Far longer than they should for a car accident.

So. Something serious was happening.
I walked out onto our balcony.
And saw the smoke burning near the road I usually take to go to work.
>.>
I couldn't be sure.

But I think the fire was happening by one of the construction sites. Or in one of the construction sites.
I'll have to see if I can see anything tomorrow when I go to work.
--though considering it will still be dark....I probably won't see much.

Definitely a tense moment.
Watching that smoke.
Listening to the fires.
Smelling that campfire smell of wood burning.

*exhales*
It's definitely going to be a while before I stop getting tense over that scent.
Stop looking over my shoulder wondering if the flames will be at the foot of the house again....

*shakes head* 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment