Thursday, September 20, 2018

Accidentally Good

So our new DM came in to visit yesterday.
I didn't see much of her as she hadn't gotten around to visiting my department before my shift ended. 

But my manager told me that the visit went really well.
And was really positive.

-lol though honestly it probably went 'well' because the DM is new and therefore is easing into her duties and such.

But in any case.
One thing of note in our department.

Was that in our New Arrivals room...where we...well keep the new animals in the store for a probationary period before we put them on the floor to sell... the DM had noticed that a lot of the tags had been 'updated' to say Arrival Date: NA Bring to the Floor: RTF ASAP. 

And she got so excited.
Because apparently....a new thing that we're supposed to be doing.
Is that once the probationary period is over with. We should be updating the tags so that they no longer say when the animal came into the store. 
So instead of being like: Arrival Date: Sept 20th  Bring to Floor Date: Sept 23rd. 
It would say Overstock. Arrival Date: NA Bring to the Floor Date: NOW or ASAP or something like that. 

But she was excited because we were like the only store to implement this new policy. No one else was doing it. 
As before. We just left the dates on the cages. That way we can tell which animals have been here longer than others and make sure they're brought out in a timely fashion. (you know when room opens up on the floor.)

lol...the funny thing is....
We had no idea about this new policy.

No. When I had written those tags...
It was because I was transferring animals that had been in our sick room into the overstock room because they were now healthy and we could sell them. 
Hence me labeling their tags as NA and RTF ASAP 

And the only reason why I moved the animals is because I didn't want the DM being like "Why do you have animals who are healthy in your sick room?" 

But hey. ^^;; Whatever makes the DM happy! lol.
So yah. 
Overall our visit went great! It was mostly minor notes of "check this policy" "check this other policy" "Oh double check cus I think this policy changed." 

Which is a nice breath of fresh air really.
To have positivity in our visits.
As I feel like the last few by the old DM were...tainted? Idk. It just...always had a bit of a 'we're all about to get fired because the store is totally horrible" blah blah blah sort of feel.
But in this particular visit. It was more upbeat. More positive.
And honestly. I think that's what the store needs right now. :) 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment