Thursday, September 6, 2018

There Goes My Energy

I had to leave work early today.
Which is less than ideal.
I hate leaving work early when I'm scheduled a full shift.
Because I feel bad for putting my coworkers in a bind.
And I hate 'giving up' as it were.

Which...is silly really, because my coworkers call out all the time and things still work out well. 

But I woke up this morning to a migraine.

Not the best thing to wake up to for sure.
Who wants their day to start with a pounding head?
Certainly not me. 
*exhales*

It wasn't even a 'bad' migraine all things considered.
I'd had worse. 
Much worse.
Migraines that kept me up at night.
Ones that left me shaky, feeling nauseous, with labored breathing and just...well feeling like my head was going to pound itself apart.

And I still went to work. *shakes head*
Yes I know I'm crazy. 

Today's migraine...wasn't that bad.

It was just one of those migraines where....it drains the body of energy.
I could function.
But I was moving slowly.
Trying to keep myself from expending too much energy when I had none.

I had hoped that being at work would help it go away actually.
Some....okay most of my headaches are tension caused.
And since my job is a bit 'hands on' I can often work out the tension in my muscles and get them to relax and have my headache fade...if not all the way, at least to manageable levels. 

This particular migraine was doing the stupid roller coaster.
Where I would have periods of feeling ill....to feeling almost normal...to feeling worse off. 

I already knew I wasn't going to make it my entire shift when I walked in the doors.
My managers could tell too...they weren't surprised when I told them I might have to leave early.
They could tell I was suffering.

*exhales*
Honestly. I wonder if I should try something different next time.
Just like...call the store and tell them I have a migraine and I'll be in in like three hours or something and delay my coming a bit. 

...Course it would be great if I just didn't get the things.
But until I can teach my body to not tense up and stress over every little thing...that's probably not gonna happen.

In any case.
My goal today was to at least get the bedding change done.
Which I did manage.

But there at the end it was a struggle.
Why?

Because a customer decided that since I was standing in one place cleaning....that I could be their captive audience as they talked their head off about all the previous birds they'd owned and given away and how people that the customer gave their birds too weren't taking as good care of them or listening to the customer on how to care for said birds and therefore people were getting injured.

The customer went on to talk about other pets...and inform me that they were in the store having their dog groomed because we wouldn't groom the dog yesterday. 

*exhales*
Which is when it clicked there.
As we had a customer come into our store yesterday because they couldn't get an appointment to our sister store in the time frame needed.
But we ended up turning the dog away because...I believe it might have been aggression.

And we have a policy where if there's a risk of injury to the animal or the groomer due to aggressive behavior, we can turn away the dog and recommend they go to the vet.
The owners even have to fill out information where it asks if your pet is aggressive to other animals or people and if they say Yes then the groomers can't take them. 
Safety and all that. 

And this customer had stated on the paper that 'no their dog wasn't aggressive"
only for it to show aggression.

And then in conversation with one of the managers in the main store. 
-As the customer wasn't happy to drive down to our store only to get turned away because our 'sister store has always taken their dog with no issues and why are you turning away my dog' 
It came out that the customer knows their dog isn't fond of people. Will try and bite them.

In my conversation with the customer today they admitted that the dog basically tries to bite everyone the first time they meet a new person or a new animal.

Like....you say your dog isn't aggressive and then turn around and explain exactly how it is??
*shakes head*
Customer definitely was a bit crazy there.
And liked to talk.

And it was just...bad energy all around.
As I couldn't quite leave as I needed to finish the bedding change and the customer just wanted to talk and talk and talk and the entire time I was struggling to show interest as my migraine was going through another 'low' where I could feel myself going pale, and my stomach starting to twist and I just...needed to stop being social and interactive so I could regroup energy again.

*exhales*
I escaped when the customer got a phone call.
Quickly finished up putting things away.

And went straight to the manager to ask if I could go home.
Because I couldn't handle human interaction.
Not like that.
Any conversation with customers was draining and I could feel that it wasn't going to help me any to try and stick around.

So I left. 
*exhales*
I don't like leaving. 
But oh...that shower and nap were well worth it to help me get my migraine gone so I could focus again and just...regather energy without expending it towards customers. 

In any case....
Just before I left.
I asked the manager what had happened yesterday.
With the customer who'd come in with help with her filter. 

Turns out she'd come in searching for the piece that was broken as she could get it up and running but without the rod to hold the propeller steady...she couldn't get it to hold a strong enough suction to work as needed. 
Which funnily enough...she hadn't mentioned needing the part. Like I could tell she would probably need a new rod and was going to tell her that we didn't sell it there.
But she'd never asked if we had it in stock
She'd only asked if we would help her with the filter and see if we could get it running. 
*shakes head*
So somewhere there we had a bit of a miscommunication on needs.

But the twist?

My manager had actually called her.....to set up an interview for tomorrow.
And she'd mentioned she was coming in yesterday for help with the filter. 

And so when she showed up my manager switched her interview to then instead of tomorrow.

….and we're hiring her. 

As she does have a fair bit of experience with fish tanks and turtle tanks and such as she owns at least four of them apparently. 

So it's going to be interesting lol.
I don't know how long it will be before I properly meet her.
As she's going to be working mostly opposite shifts from me. 
So possibly I'll only see maybe once a week. 

My manager hoped that she will give a better impression to me in person than over the phone.
I hope so too.

Who knows though. *shrugs* 
Like I said...it's going to be interesting. ^^;;

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment