Sunday, September 16, 2018

A Scheduling Error

I figured it was going to happen.
I mean....who comes back from vacation on a Monday?
It's just...not normal lol. 

But that was how the vacation had been planned out.
So I dutifully requested my vacation time.
Including tomorrow.

But was I surprised when I looked up my schedule online yesterday to see me scheduled to work tomorrow?
*shakes head*
Nope.

After all the store's been in a bit of an...well uproar.
As we've had our head manager leave, and our new HM is pulling double duty trying to work between two stores currently until they find a new manager to replace him at his original store. 

Sooo I'm not surprised the little detail of me being still on vacation tomorrow was forgotten.

But it still didn't make me happy to see it on the schedule.
After all...I'm not even in the state currently lol.
As we will be spending all day tomorrow returning home. Yay roadtrip :P 

So.
I contacted my manager and was like "Hey....you scheduled me to work Monday....I asked for that day off as I'm still on vacation then." 

I wasn't mad. After all our VP has been under a bit of stress recently with people quitting and hiring new coworkers and such.

And VP was like "Ah! My fault! I'll get it covered!" 

…..Knowing my store....and my managers....they don't always remember things. 

So today I checked in again. To make sure the shift was covered.

As I really didn't want to get a wake up call early in the morning from the manager on duty asking me why I hadn't yet shown up for work because they didn't know I wasn't able to make it.

Thankfully the VP manager responded back with: "Yah! We gotcha covered! You're good!" 

WOOT! sweet relief!

Kinda.

Because like two minutes later he was like "Umm...I think we have you covered, the other two managers were supposed to do that. I'm texting them now to see if they did." 

:S :S :S 
ummm….okay....cus like....I really don't want to leave the department hanging.
As for the last little while, I've been mostly scheduled by myself Monday mornings. 
So if they'd planned on me to be there that day...and kept to scheduling me by myself....I wouldn't have been surprised if no one would have come in until at least noon. 

Thankfully.
Half an hour later.
The manager checked in again to tell me that my shift was covered.
So woot! :D 

Crisis averted. ^^;; lol. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment