Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Waiting to Redecorate

It's all a matter of patience.
And really, some days I can surprise myself with how patient I can be.

Like...for example.
For at least a month...maybe two now...possibly three.
I've been wanting to redecorate my fishtank.

Nothing major....I mostly want to take out all the plants and clean them up a bit...and get rid of the ones that have become too grimy...and then put in new plants....specifically ones that will light up underneath a blue light so that it will 'glow in the dark.'

The desire's been around for a while, ever since I got new lights for my tank (when one burned out) that allows me to now have a blue light. And since I found that some of my plants within already light up underneath this blue light.
I wanted to add in more so I could have a decorated tank both under white and blue lights lol.

Which would also mean I would be buying more Glofish to put into my tank as well.
So there would be both fish and plants to look at when the blue lights come on. :D 

Only....Glofish are some of the more pricey fish.
So I was waiting for them to go on sale before buying them.
Which. This month they did go on sale!

However... 
>.> 
Illness struck my tank.
In the form of odd wounds on the side and fungus on the body.

That's taken three of my fish in the past week....but also took fish earlier in the month as well. Before I went on vacation.

And I don't want to add in fish while the tank is going through a die off.
And I don't want to add in new decorations because sometimes the chemicals can change the color of the decorations.

So I want the tank to be healthy before I venture forth in my plans of redecorating.

But...it's definitely frustrating.
To have this plan.
Only for fish to get sick.
Only to go on vacation.
Only for more fish to get sick. 

*exhales*
Not sure what's going on.
But hopefully after this round of treatment finishes, I'll be able to get my tank looking all shiny, bright and happy again. :D 

Wish me luck. :D 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment