Tuesday, September 25, 2018

On My Own

It really shouldn't bug me anymore.
I mean.
I knew it was going to happen.
As it usually happens whenever my manager is scheduled to open with me.

Things just end up not working in my favor....
Meaning the manager doesn't help out in the department even though he's scheduled to help out because other 'more pressing' issues come into play.

It was just one of those days where I found it to be more frustrating.
Mostly because I knew we could have had the coverage needed....if the schedule hadn't been so skimpy in my department this week.

I mean from 11-130 today there were only THREE of us in the store. Me, a manager, and the cashier.
Which if the manager was playing Sales Coach. 
That meant that I would be the one who would be in charge of a) helping customers find things b) answering the phone and c) backup cashiering.

Which isn't a big deal.
WHEN I HAVE AN ACTUAL SECOND OPENER.

but today was Small Pet Bedding change day.
The Longest bedding change.
Like on a good day with NO CUSTOMER interference it would take like 3 hours to do.

Me. I started the thing at like 7:30 in the morning. And didn't get it done until like 1:30ish? 
Because of customer interference. That's SIX Hours.

And I STILL had to finish opening the rest of the department.
Because despite the manager's good intentions of actually being in the department for the 2 hours he'd been scheduled to help out with....
He only ended up helping out for like...15 minutes? 
Because he was the only manager in the building for that first hour he was in my department.
Which meant he needed to be present on the sales floor, and go help with manager related issues -i.e. when the cashier needs a manager override. Plus he'd been doing Stocking before switching over to my department, and was 'finishing' up things there.....

*exhales*
Really.
I shouldn't be annoyed.
I'm quite used to opening the department by myself. 

But frankly. I think it just bugs me when I'm expecting help...and then I don't get it.
Like if  I know for sure that I'm opening by myself, then great. All's good. Because I can plan for it that way.

I mean, I probably would have been fine with it today as well. Because it's a consistent enough issue that the manager won't be able to work in the department when scheduled that I plan for it to happen that way.

Except today it wasn't as nice. For the simple fact that there were only 3 of us in the store.
I hate feeling short handed.
And I definitely felt short handed today.
*exhales* 

Yah...stressful day. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment