Monday, September 17, 2018

A Farewell

My oldest fish died yesterday. :( 
Bloody Baron was his name. A betta fish that was white with red spotting on the tail. 
He lived to be like 4 maybe even almost 5 years old.

Which is rather old for a betta.
I think the longest I've had one live otherwise has been like...two years?

So to have him live 4 years?
Like wow.
I mean, I got him in my first year at my last apartment. Which I lived there for two years. And I've been in the 'new' place for two years now.
So like....It's crazy.

He was such a good little fishy.
And I'm rather sad that he died while I was on vacation.

But at the same time. I wasn't surprised when my roomie broke the news to me.
He'd been acting 'grandfatherly' for a month or so now.
Getting a bit skinnier. Getting a bit less wiggly. Having to make more of an effort to get up to the surface to grab the food. I could see the signs.

Still doesn't make it any easier though. Y_Y 

You were a good fish Bloody Baron, and already I miss seeing you in your little tank. Y_Y 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment