Monday, September 24, 2018

Calling an Ambulance

It started with a simple text from my brother.
I was in the middle of doing the bedding change -working on cleaning the dishes and such- when I felt my pocket vibrate.
I pull out my phone to see my brother asking if I knew Mother Dearest's work number.
Which since it had changed recently (like a year ago) I didn't have it memorized, though I had saved it in my phone.
So I sent him the number.

And didn't think much more of it.
Beyond "Huh. Wonder why brother needs her work number?"
-Honestly it was probably because he tried her cell and couldn't reach her.
But then again it was like...why does brother need to talk to mom? 

It seemed like a weird thing. Especially since it was only 10 am. I'd thought my brother would have been in the middle of work....so really there wasn't a reason to need her number....

-Turns out he wasn't at work as he had a doctor's appointment.

In any case.
Three minutes later he texts back. "Are you sure that's it? She's not answering and Dad is heading to the hospital." 

()_()
Wait.
Hold. on.
WHAT?!?! 

Pause while my brain catches up. 

-I was like "Yah, that's her number unless it changed again. WHY IS DAD HEADING TO THE HOSPITAL!" 
And I tried calling Mom then and there to see my luck with it. 
-I had the luck. She picked up. And I was like "DAD'S HEADING TO THE HOSPITAL AND BROTHER'S TRYING TO CALL YOU!"
And she was like "Yah, I know. Our Neighbor is picking me up to take me to the hospital." 

At the same time Brother was like "Dad's hip stopped working and he can't move." 

()_() WHAT?!?!

-As like a month ago, Daddoo had gone into surgery to have his hip replaced.

So automatically I was like !!!!!!!! AHHH!!!
Because if his hip wasn't working was he paralyzed? Was he broken? Was he going to lose his leg?! 

-You know the writer sort...we automatically jump to worst case scenarios when dealing with the unknown. ^^;; lol. 

But yah.
I had a bit of a breakdown back behind the fish wall because like...I didn't know how bad it was. 

Brother was only able to say that Daddoo couldn't move his hip anymore and that they were calling an ambulance to take him to the hospital. And since Brother was in town he'd go right over as soon as he was done with his own doctor's appointment. 

So like... AHHHH
Calling an ambulance?
It had to be serious.

-Yet when I texted Daddoo...he was able to text me back with more coherency...which helped to assuage my fears. Though I was still like "Why are they taking you via ambulance? What's wrong!" 

It was another hour before Mother Dearest texted Kikay and I to say that Dad had dislocated his hip.
Aka the ball had pulled free from the socket.
And it was bad in the x-ray I later saw.
Like the ball was above the socket, not just slightly pulled away, but nearly sitting on top of it. :S *shudders*

Thankfully. They were able to pop his hip back into place -after placing Daddoo on strong pain meds so that his muscles would relax enough to be able to do so- which means he didn't need to do surgery or anything. *sigh of relief*

But it was definitely a tense day at work because I was worried for Daddoo the entire shift and such. 

And as soon as I got off work -by this time the parents were home from the ER- I called then and there in the parking lot of work to get the story. To hear what happened.

Apparently Daddoo had been sitting on the porch and moved wrong. -He'd been sitting too low for someone recovering from hip surgery- and screamed so loud that it brought the neighbor across the street dashing over to his aid. 
Dad was in so much pain he couldn't move.
So the neighbor across the street, darted next door to grab that neighbor and together the two of them were like "Do we move him into the van? Can we move him into my van?" 
But they decided he was in too much pain to do so. So they called the ambulance and as soon as it showed up, my next door neighbor was darting to her car to go drive to my Mom's work to pick her up. (as Mom took the bus into work today) 

-Which Mother Dearest was in the middle of meetings when all this was going down. So she looks at her phone, sees a few missed calls, texts them back that she's in the meeting and gets my neighbor's text of "I'M COMING TO GET YOU! HUSBAND IS HEADING TO THE HOSPITAL!" 

So yah Mother Dearest was like "GOTTA GO!" to her boss and left. 

At the same time Kikay too was in meetings for her work, and didn't answer her phone until I texted her saying that Daddoo was heading to the hospital and she was like ().() WHAT?!

So yah....we were all in a bit of a panic mode today.

But thankfully Meralto was able to get to the hospital, and gave Daddoo a blessing.
And the doctors were able to easily get him sorted out and such, as apparently it's something that does happen on occasion to people who are at this point in recovery from hip surgery when they're Daddoo's age. And that if it was going to happen...this would be the point it would happen. :S 

Thankfully, Daddoo is doing well now. 
Feeling basically as good as he did before he dislocated his hip.

But yah...stressful day in the Dirchi household.
I'm glad it all turned out well though. 
*sigh of relief*

That's definitely one way to start out the week. *shakes head* 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment