Saturday, September 29, 2018

Don't. Ask.

Saturday's are the hardest days for me to work.
Not because it's the weekend.
But because of all the customer service I have to do.
There's more people in the store.
More rushes.
More energy I have to expend towards talking to people instead of doing tasks like cleaning or something. 
So by the end of the day.
I'm tired.
Drained.

Usually it hasn't been a big deal to work Saturdays.
I mean, they switched me from working evenings to mornings.
Which has been great because evenings are far more draining.

But recently.

….Because I've had to go home a couple of times due to major headaches making it difficult to...well stand up straight and talk to people....

One of my managers has taken to asking me, on Saturdays: "Do you have a headache today?" "How's your head?" "No headaches today?"

Which is what happened today.
And usually I don't have a headache when this question was asked. 

>.< 
So I answer. "No! I'm good!"

Only guess what?

Yah like an hour or two later an ache developed behind my eyes, turning into a full blown headache towards the end of my shift.

*exhales*

Basically.
People need to stop asking me if I have a headache.
Because I feel like it triggers my brain to go "Oh. I don't! I should shouldn't I?" And WHAM headache. >.< Gah. 

I mean.
It's other things as well.
Just the general overall stress of dealing with people for almost 8 hours.... it drains.

But I really wish I could get through a Saturday shift without getting a headache.
As it feels like the last couple of months that's all that's happened every Saturday. XP 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment