Monday, December 3, 2018

A Long Day

I honestly don't know what I was thinking.

Okay yes I do.
But honestly I should have not been thinking what I was thinking. *shakes head*

So yesterday, while I was up with the family, I got a call from work.
It was one of my managers asking if I would be able to stay two hours longer today to help cover a gap in coverage that the managers had just noticed.

Which meant that I would be working a 10 hour shift.

Only the manager told me that I could come in half an hour or even an hour later if I wanted to.

But me?
I was like "No I can come in at the usual time and work the entire shift" 

-Which why me??

Why?

Because a) My managers are notorious for not communicating with each other and so I didn't want to agree to coming in late only to have a different manager call asking where I was. 
And b) If I showed up at my normal time I would have more time in the store without customers to do opening tasks which would mean I would get done earlier and such. 

*shakes head*
Honestly I could have just come in a little later.
Silly me.

But overall. The 10 hour shift went good.
I was able to take an hour lunch. Which was nice. As I spent half of it napping and the other half going to grab a hot meal for once from the nearby fast food place lol.

Still.
Being on your feet so consistently.
Is draining.

I'm so exhausted right now.
I mean it's kinda been "go go go go go" for the past little bit.
And I really...just need a break. 

*exhales*

Thankfully I should *fingers crossed* Have a short shift tomorrow. So I'll have more of a chance to rest. 
:) Yay. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment