Monday, December 10, 2018

Music

I went to a concert the other night because my Uncle was in the Orchestra (plays trumpet) and I hadn't been to one of his performances in years.

Really I think I was probably still in High School...maybe the first year of college....when I last saw him perform.

As it was more of a family activity when we were younger, to go to the concerts and support the family and we got to sit in some really cool places.
Like the Tabernacle building before it burned down and then was rebuilt/converted into the Temple.

But other places.
And I just....really enjoyed the nostalgia of the moment.
Listening to the strings, the brass, the drums and bells and chimes and winds and all those orchestra parts that I probably missed. 

Especially the Christmas songs.
Like Carol of the Bells is always a fave. 

And it was just nice.
To sit there and listen to music.
To take a journey down memory lane. 

And yah...

I really liked it. It was a wonderful evening and I was glad to be able to make it with family. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi


No comments:

Post a Comment