Monday, December 24, 2018

To Bake or Not to Bake

I got delayed.

Which I really shouldn't be surprised at.
I mean whenever I decide to do a 'timeline' of events...of like to a time frame? 
It never works out.

Because something unexpected shows up.
Which delays my time frames. 
Which either means something doesn't get done.
Or else shifted into a different order. 

Today was one such thing.
Where I had plans shifted so I could try and track down a specific flavor of crackers.

….Which were nowhere to be found.

Which meant I got home about an hour after I'd originally planned to be home. 
So I had the choice to make.
Forgo some of my plans and get up to my Family for Christmas Eve at the same timeframe.

Or continue on with my original plan and just get up late.

Considering my original plan was to bake my daddoo some cookies as he mentioned last time I saw him that he gave us food storage that included cookie ingredients in the hopes that we would make him cookies.

So I decided to follow through and do so.

And things were going pretty well....

Until the cookies didn't bake as expected.

>.<
When I pulled them out of the oven...the cookies still looked like they were dough.
Which...I couldn't understand it.
I tried a second batch, kept them in for longer, and the result was better. More cookie like.
So I put the first set back in the oven for a little longer.
And the result...was still dough.

And I was running out of time.
I was already an hour later.
I couldn't make another batch.

So I was feeling quite frustrated.
That I decided to stick with my original plan.....
Only to have it not work out. 

It was frustrating.
Irritating.
Just like....why did things have to go wrong when I was trying to do something good?

*shakes head*

In the end, after I finally got Home for Christmas.

It turns out the cookies just needed a bit longer to sit and cool down.
They ended up looking normal in the end. *shakes head*

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment