Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Silence Is Needed

It was only a matter of time really.
I mean I've had the same fishtank filters for my 125 since like the very beginning.
And that was basically two years ago.
Which is rather long for something that requires a plug.
As I feel like most plug in devices aren't made to last that long.
So like two years?
Yah that's a pretty good long time.
(Though some older customers would disagree with me.) 

So I wasn't too surprised when I got home from work today to find that one of my filters wasn't running.
After checking to make sure it was plugged in and everything.
I figured it had given up the ghost. 
*exhales*
Which like I said, I wasn't surprised.
But was disappointed.
I mean.
I just spent all this $$$ on Christmas gifts and NOW you want more $$ spent on you fish tank?
I mean I was already spending $$ on you to treat the fish inside. 
*exhales*

But!
Good news! 
The filter I'd bought 2 years ago was on sale at my work!
So at least I wouldn't be spending an arm and a leg on it.

Though I figured that I would wait until...you know. Tomorrow. When I was already at work so I could just buy the filter and go from there.

But like an hour and a half before the store closed.
I went to look at my fish.
And noticed like half of them were up at the surface gulping for air. 
*exhales*
Not a good sign.
Apparently only having one filter running wasn't doing quite the job my fish needed in order to be happy in the tank.

So I gathered up Kikay and we adventured out into the cold dark to go to work to buy a filter to save my fish!

But as my luck would have it...
When I got to the shelf holding the size of filter I needed....
The brand was out of stock. 
GAH!!!
Still.
I was like "Well I got a truck in at work today, maybe I can track down one elsewhere in the store!"

Which after a brief look in the midsteel overstock along the walls of the store,
I FOUND ONE!!

It involved a ladder and a bit of conversating with my coworkers/managers (since I was out of uniform I didn't feel comfortable climbing the ladder without them being aware of it. You know, don't want to be a bad example for customers) 

But we got my filter!!!

And I took it home!
And opening the box...noticed that the design was different from the first one. 
Which I had been aware of. That they'd redesigned the filter and such.
But I hadn't realized how much they'd redesigned it. 
XP
The filter now sits a lot higher up in the tank.
So the water has further to fall into the tank....

Which means. *exhales*
It's noisier. 
Gah.

I hate noise.
Which is bad when I have a fishtank as per rules....though are basically noisy creations lol. 
But with my last set of filters I'd managed to find ones that were quiet so long as I kept the water levels higher.

But filling up the tank as high as I could safely go....
Didn't allow me the luxury of my basically quiet tank.

No, that new filter is just chugging along happily trickling it's noisy waterfall and *shudders*
I can't stand it.

So.
I'm tolerating it for the night. (Since the store is closed now) 
And hoping that tomorrow when I go into work I can go track down a different brand of filter that will allow me to get the quiet I need to be happy with my 125. ^^;;

Wish me luck! :D

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment