Friday, December 21, 2018

The Right Priced Giftcard

Shopping is stressful.
Especially when it's the last weekend before Christmas.
Especially when you're trying to find 'the' gift for someone and every store you go to DOESN'T HAVE IT and it's FAR TOO LATE to order it online and GAH.

*deep breath*

In any case.

Part of my mission today in venturing out into the great Christmas shopping crazy that is like every single store today.
Was to find some specific giftcards.

Which.
I was like "Oh yah! That will be easy to find!"
I mean, I'd even seen the giftcards in question at Lowes of all places yesterday when I cautiously ventured into that place looking for manly gift ideas. :S 

I hadn't bought any yesterday though because a) I thought I could find them elsewhere and b) I was waiting to buy them until today as it was Payday and it's better to have more money around than less when you're out Christmas shopping lol.

SO yah.
Giftcards.
Easy to find right?

WRONG.

*shakes head*
I mean, I thought this particular one would be like....everywhere.
But Walmart, Target, The MALL....everywhere there were giftcards I looked...and could not find the particular one that I wanted.

So in a desperate attempt.
I went back to Lowes.
Because they HAD them Yesterday.

And when I got there?
Success!
I found the type of giftcard I wanted!

Only....
It was the wrong denominations. :S 
They only had like $50 or $100 giftcards on the rack. 
()_()
Which...ummm...that's a bit....much for a giftcard. :S Like.... :S :S :S Not at all how much I thought I would be spending.

But like....I couldn't find them anywhere else so like...…

I ended up grabbing one anyways....

And was waiting for a response from Kikay on whether or not this was a good idea.

When I happened to wander by Customer service.
And there were like four workers all standing there not really doing much.

So I took a leap of faith and was like "Hey. Do you happen to have any more of this type of giftcard….in the smaller denominations?" 

I expected them to say "No, what's out there is what we have."

But instead I was met with "Oh! I'm sure we do! We have this whole closet full of giftcard boxes so I'm sure we have that number back there, we'll go look!" 

"Cool!" Was my response. "And...you may want to bring out more if you do find them. Because you're out." 

It took a little bit of waiting.

But the result?

THEY HAD THE GIFTCARD I NEEDED!!

Woot!
Success!!!

^^;;

I'm so happy that I asked lol. Because I don't know if I would have actually gotten the $50 giftcard. :S

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment