Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Behind

Sometimes I really wonder what goes on inside my coworker's heads. 
*exhales*

So today.
I was working on the Reptile Bedding change.
But ended up getting roped into a different project.
Of trying to get hamsters to play nice with each other so I could combine multiple litters of hamsters together into one cage so I could make room in our backrooms for customer returns and new animals that will be arriving tomorrow.

Because I was caught up in that project.
I had my coworker work on the Reptile Bedding changes in my stead.
As I'd already gotten most of one side done, they just needed to finish the one side and then do the other side.

Easy peasy.
Quick work....

Except I forget just how long it takes new people to do things.
Especially when my coworker is afraid of snakes and reluctant to handle them. *exhales*

In any case.
While I was busy making sure the hamsters were playing nice.

My coworker comes over the mic and says: "Hey, there's this bearded dragon behind the cage."

Which Behind?
What do you mean behind?
Like it somehow GOT OUT and was BEHIND the actual cage?

Yeah. That was the situation.
Somehow one of our bearded dragons and wiggled his way out of the cage and had ended up behind everything.
Which thankfully we noticed him. *shakes head*

But my coworker.
Did they try and grab the bearded dragon?

No.

They were like "So is he okay back there? Should I just leave him?" 

.
..

….

..
.

*exhales*

Did you....actually...ask me that question?

*exhales*

Like.
Where's the common sense?
If the bearded dragon is BEHIND the cage.
And not IN the cage.
And you've NEVER seen him BEHIND the cage before....

One would think that he SHOULDN'T. BE. THERE.

Like...is it not obvious he's escape?
Is it not obvious that you should catch him and put him back into the cage?

*exhales*

Apparently not if you felt the need to ask that question. *shakes head*

Thankfully.
We caught him and put him back and he's hanging out just fine with his buddies.

But still.
"Should I just leave him?"
No.
NO.
Nooooo.

*shakes head* I'm not going to let that one leave my mind for a while.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment