Thursday, December 20, 2018

Chart Check

So yesterday, I ended up shifting animals around in the store.
Carefully combining cages of hamsters together.
To make room for new animals coming in.
And I ended up moving a Guinea Pig into our ISO room.

I didn't think much of it.
After all the guinea pig was a customer return and needed to be placed in the ISO room for observation so we could do proper care for him as he was returned by customers who want him back once he's healthy.

I didn't think it was a big deal.

Until this morning when I came into that room.

To see a note left by a coworker.

Worrying that this guinea pig that I had placed in "Cage 8" 
Had been switched with the guinea pig in "Cage 11" 

I suppose there was slight confusion because both charts may have been labeled "Cage 11"
As I hadn't realized that they'd labeled the chart when the guinea pig was in a different room. 


*exhales*

In any case.

One glance at both cages told me....
They hadn't been switched.

I mean, we use the charts to mark down symptoms we see in the animals to say why they're not doing good or why they are doing good. 

So if my coworkers were actually Looking at the animals in question....
And compared them to the charts....

You would know immediately which one was which.

I mean, the coloration of both was similar.
Black/White. 
But the customer return is more creamy colored with some black and white.
While the other guinea pig in question lacks the cream color. 

So a short quick glance would possibly make them seem similar. 
*exhales*

But the CHARTS.

The customer return was returned because the customer was concerned about the guinea pig sneezing. 

While the other guinea pig....has an issue of hair loss on the chin that he's dealing with.

So like...if you looked at the guinea pigs. Actually looked at them and looked for the hairloss
And matched them to the charts....

It would have been clear which was which.

Plus....like you should only have one animal out of the cage at a time.
So the chance of them being switched....is rather low. 

*shakes head*

At least my coworker noticed that there could have been a switch.
So that's good. :) 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment