Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Fish Woes

*exhales*

I don't know what's going on with my tank.

And at this point I'm halfway expecting all my fish to die.

I mean, before I left for the two weeks in November, I'd noticed a small bacterial issue with one of my goldfish and had been treating him for that issue in a separate tank.

But somehow in that two week period...I managed to lose like half of my fish.

I had nearly 60.
Then I was down to like 30 when I got back.

Most of my mini fish like the neon tetras and danios were the ones to take the brunt of the 'disappearances.'

Which could point to an aggressive fish....which I think is unlikely.

Or something within the tank went wrong and either a chemical or disease has struck it.

Only.
I'm not sure what.
Like. I did water changes. I treated. I treated again.

And fish are still coming down with issues.

I have a goldfish that has some sort of infection going on.
It started as a red spot on the side. Which usually means baceterial.
But in treating that the red spot got wider and deeper...so like it's some sort of flesh eating issue now? It had whiteness to it too which is like...is it a fungus? Is it healing scales?
The redness is going away under the Melafix treatment but like....it's still a deep wound so is it healing or is it just going to be this hole in the side?
Another goldfish has flat white spots that are more like a fungus (it's not the ick spots) on it's tail. Like...is it a fungus? Is it a parasite? Is it another bacterial issue? Who knows, though I've seen a couple of my tetras with that same white fungus spot.
Of course there's a catfish that also has a white fungus wound on it's head. Which is semi similar to the one the first goldfish had, as a possible injury...but it's white. Not red. So fungus? Bacterial? Who knows.
An Angelfish is also sick with something. There's a white film on the eye and he's been lethargic and...

*exhales*
I've treated with fungal.
I've treated with bacterial.

I don't quite know what else to do and I don't get why all the fish are dying off now.
Like I tested the water, I've taken steps to fix the only thing (Nitrates) that were out of whack.

So like maybe I overdid treatment and stressed out the fish.
Maybe the water changes were too drastic.

In any case.

I'm just kinda expecting all the fish to die off at this point.
I don't know what more I can do to help.

Which is disappointing.

But like hey....maybe a brand new start to the 2019 year will be just what I need with a whole slew of fish to add in. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment