Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Break

I'm grateful that my managers like me.
Because I feel like that means I can get away with more than another associate could.

Even though that's probably not true.
Nor would I be using it willfully.

But today I had a major migraine.

It wasn't the worst I've had.
I've gone to work on worse.

But I definitely wasn't feeling well when I got into work.

I'd honestly thought about calling work and asking if I could come in an hour or so later just to try and rest and get the headache gone.

I was too stubborn to do so.

But at work,
Like half an hour or so in.
I ended up going to one of my managers and asking them if I could clock out and take like a half hour to hour break in the breakroom to try and help my migraine go away.

I mean, I'm a hardworker.
So for me to ask for a break...means that its rather serious for me because I usually work through a lot of pain with little complaint. 

Thankfully the manager didn't hesitate.

Which allowed me to go into the back and warm up a heatpack and just...crash for a bit.

Overall that rest did help.
I was able to be functional for the rest of my shift, if not at 100%

But yah.
I'm grateful that I have good understanding managers who help me out when I need it. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment