Friday, March 29, 2019

A Hiking Adventure

I hiked the Y today.

A hike I haven't done since like...my first year of College.
I don't even remember who I hiked it with...though I'm pretty sure it was my favorite roommate of that year. 

Not sure though.

In any case.
It's been a good ten  years since I've made that hike probably.

And the only reason why I chose to venture in that death climb was because a friend in my current ward had the goal to hike it like...twelve times this spring/summer before she leaves.

*shakes head*

So crazy.
But I like hiking.
And again, I haven't done this particular hike in like 10 years.
So I figured...maybe it would be a better hike this time around.

As what I mostly remember is my burning lungs and the twists and turns. 

Whelp.

That part hasn't changed much.
I mean we are climbing the side of the mountain.
Which means an uphill climb the entire way.

So yah, my lungs and legs still burned.
But it was still a fun hike lol.

Adventurous too because it was stormy today.
And by stormy.
I mean snowy.

Like there was no snow in the valley, but the Y was covered, and as we climbed up the side the snow became more apparent and deeper, and the clouds overhead were sprinkling snow over our heads. 

Lol so the hike was a bit more treacherous this time around, trying to climb in snow isn't always the easiest when it's steep.

But we made it to the top! Woot!! 

And the best part?
My friend wanted to throw a snowball from the top of the Y.
And like, the snow was a good six inches deep or so.
So we both grabbed handfuls, made a ball and threw it as far down the snow covered mountain as we could.
Which is when we made the fun discovery.

The balls....roll.
So. The next snowballs we threw, we tossed to see how far down the hill we could get them to roll and how big they would get.

Thankfully, but also slightly disappointedly, the snowballs didn't follow the cartoons and get exponentially bigger. Nah. They were still pretty small when they would finally stop rolling. 

Still though.
It was a ton of fun watching them roll.

and made the burning hike to the top worth it in the end lol.

Dunno when or if I'll try it again, but it was nice to revisit that hike and see if it was as intense as I remembered it being. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment