Monday, March 18, 2019

New Pet!

So last night I got a text from an acquaintance in the ward.
Acquaintance because our conversations have lasted like maybe an hour in total in the time I've seen them around?

In any case.
We had exchanged numbers a week ago.
With the plan to go hiking in the next couple of weeks.

But out of the blue they texted me in the evening.
Asking about Fish care.

As they'd just gotten a betta fish from a wedding reception.
And wanted to make sure they were taking care of it right.

Because they'd thought you could just keep the fish in a bowl, but then they'd heard things about filters and tanks and....just wanted to know what to do to keep the betta alive as they'd never had a fish before. 

So I gave my usual spiel with bettas lol.

As they can do alright in bowls, but that would mean more work for you, the human, as gallon sized bowls need to be changed once a week. Anything smaller would need to be like twice a week. 

But if you wanted less work for yourself and a happier fish then you would get a tank with a filter.
As the filter would mean you'd only need to do a water change once a month and a partial one at that, instead of a full water change once a week.

After talking a bit more.
We decided to meet up after they got off of work today.
So that I could show them everything they'd need for their betta fish.

However this morning, they changed it to tomorrow night...
And then like an hour later texted to say they were coming soon to my work (as I was already there working) because they had a longer lunch.

So when they arrived I helped out. :D 
Woot!

We got everything that the betta would need and I answered more questions and sent them on their merry way.

Didn't think I would hear back from them again tonight.

But a couple of hours ago I got a text asking if I was still awake and home.

Which I was.

I mean 9pm is still pretty early in the evening to my mindset. 

In any case.
They wanted to know if I could come over and help them put the betta in it's new tank.
As they didn't want to do anything wrong.

So I agreed.

Lol and with a bit of wiggling with the net that I brought along.

I managed to get the fish into the tank! Woot!

He was pretty still at first, getting used to being in the larger space than the betta cup he'd been transported in. 

But was perking up as I was leaving.

*fingers crossed* that he does well for my wardie. 
As I always want first time fish owners to succeed. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment