Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Barriers?

I happened to come out from behind the fishwall at the same time a customer was passing by heading to the cricket podium.
Figuring she'd either need help with crickets or with catching fish, I followed her and watched as she slammed a jar of water on the podium and started to walk away...supposedly to search for someone I guess as I hadn't heard of anyone needing help over the radios.

But before she got too far I asked her if she needed a water test.
-As that's usually why people bring in random jars of water into the store.

I was correct.

But while I was testing the water.
The customer asked me:

"When did you put the barriers up?" 

O.o ?? Barriers? 
I had no idea what she was talking about.

So she clarified.
"The security barriers on either side of the doors. Why did you put them up? Are you having problems in the store?"

Oh.
OH.

The little barrier things that stand on either side of the door that will beep if you try and steal products from the store.
(They've never gone off so I don't even know if they work at all.) 

Now knowing what she was talking about I was like "Those aren't new. They're a couple of years old at least."

We've had them for a while. I don't know exactly how long...but probably 2-3 years is my guess.

The customer was like. ()_() "Really?! Why haven't I noticed them before now?!" 

*shrugs*
No idea lady. No idea. I mean they're right there.

And the only reason why she noticed them?
"Must have been because you had a security guard standing right there. Has there been trouble in the store recently?"

Again I look over to the front doors to see this 'security guard' and tell the customer. "That's the manager."
Who had shaved his beard and does, upon looking at him from that prespective, appear like one of those macho bald headed security guys. lol.

But no. He's just the manager. No security guard needed. *shakes head* He just happened to be standing nearby when she walked in as the door to grooming is also right there. 

In any case.
I got her water tested, told her how to fix the issues she had, and sent her on her way. 
^^;;

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment