Monday, March 11, 2019

Helper Bee

I had to deal with a lot of cranky/needy/difficult customers today....
Which honestly I wonder if the time change was part of the reason why people were so...off today. 

But at the same time.
I also had the weird experience of a lot of people being grateful for my help.

Like I get it once or twice usually in a day on good days.
Gratitude for me helping them.

But today it had to be like a dozen times that I had customers say some variation of "Thank you for your help!" "That was really helpful." "Wow, I've never had so much help here before. Thank you."

Which is an....interesting juxtaposition really for me.
Because on the one hand...I wasn't doing anything different.

I try to help out as much as I can.
And that does include like...telling you everything I know and actively trying to seek a solution for you most of the time.
Instead of just pointing and going "It's over there." 

No. If I know answers and such I will talk your ear off about things lol. 

And then on the other hand....it makes me wonder what kind of help my coworkers are giving, especially when customers go "I've never got this much help in ____ before." 

Of course, my coworkers and I have different skill levels depending on which area/animal we're talking about.

In any case.

It was rather gratifying, especially after dealing with difficult customers, to have people be grateful for the help I provided them and vocalize it.
As it really did make the job a bit easier today, knowing that people were actually happy that I was giving them so much information on things. ^^;;

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment