Sunday, June 28, 2020

A New Phone!

It's kind of a bittersweet moment.

As I got a new phone yesterday!
Woot!
Which is something I desperately have needed for like the past three or four months.
Because my current phone is like...nearly four nears old?
Which is pretty ancient for most phones.
And it's recently taken to not holding a charge for as long.
Like. My phone can die before my shift is over.
Which considering I've been keeping it plugged in until I leave for work...and have it already down to like 90% fifteen minutes later...isn't a good thing at all.
Like if I barely use my phone and still have to charge it halfway through my shift to make sure I still have enough battery with the lit usage I've been forced to use it with....it's not a good sign.

Especially with how much I use my phone.
It's been crippling.
And stressful. Because I've been worrying that my phone will die just when someone needs me and I won't know if something goes wrong. 
So I've been needing a new phone.
And this past week just cemented it.
As I was trying to hold out to see how the Google Pixel 4a would do.
But with the constant delays and uncertain release date...
I couldn't afford to wait any longer.

So I went with a Samsung Galaxy s10e
As it had a ton of good reviews and didn't have that 'infinity' glass which I did not like on the other galaxy 10 phones.

It's definitely a bit of a learning curve figuring out the new phone as there are things that are similar and things that are different and it's just a matter of adjusting to those minute differences.

Overall though.
I am enjoying the new phone!
Like. Having the battery last alllllll day has been great!! XD I'm like giddy with joy that I can heavily use my phone again. Like text nonstop play games surf the internet for a couple of hours straight and still have more than half my battery at the end of it.

On my old phone I probably would have ended up with a dead phone within those two hours if I'd stuck to just texting and taking pictures. 

So it's been amazing! I'm loving my phone and it's longer battery life! 

The bitterpart of that bittersweet though comes just from like....nostalgia?
Mostly because the Google Pixel is a phone that Mother Dearest helped me to buy. Where she offered to pay for half of it and I pay for the other half.
So it's kinda hard giving it up in that retrospect because it's like one of the last electronics that she helped me get. 

And I miss how giving she was. How quick Mother Dearest was to offer assistance whether physical/emotional/mental/monetary support to her kids in the blink of an eye.
It was how she showed her love I'm sure. With giving gifts as she was always getting us things on trips and there to talk to and always willing to help us out as we were figuring out how to handle finances and payments and such. 

So yah.
Just kinda...bittersweet in that I won't have that constant reminder around that mother dearest helped me get the google pixel.
But I guess that's a part of life...
Sometimes things just need to be laid to the side and remembered in memories only.

*exhales* Doesn't always make it easy....
Though I am grateful for the new phone and that I had the ability to purchase it.
As the longer battery life is something I desperately needed for sure. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment