Sunday, June 14, 2020

Let Me Finish

Sometimes my brain irritates me.
Especially when it comes to writing.

As I often tend to overcomplicate the stories I'm working on. To the point where it feels like each story needs to have twenty chapters or so and maybe a prequel and a sequel story to boot.

And like that's awesome and I love the whole story line and such.
But at the same time.
Part of me just wants to FINISH a story.
Write something short. sweet. Quick. Something that helps me to feel accomplished.

Because the longer I go between finishing a project the more...tense?? I become.
And the more antsy I get to finish a story.
Which is hard when I want to try and shorten something and yet the plot demands that I lengthen it instead. XP Ugh.

It's a common wrestle I've been having the past few days.
Because I have multiple stories that are 'so close' to being done.
And yet.
The ending keeps alluding me.
Keeps getting further away.

And here I am, just spinning my wheels in the sand.
Wanting to finish something and yet unable to finish anything.

*exhales*

Maybe it's a sign I need to drop my current projects. Step away for a bit longer. And work on something new or different where the pressure to 'finish' isn't quite so high. 

Guess we'll see.
But hopefully I complete something soon.
As not doing so is driving me crazy. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment