Friday, June 12, 2020

New Fishies

So twice a year my work gives us a 'double discount' day.
Where instead of our usual discount at work, they double it, allowing us to save more money on things for that one purchase during that one weekend. 

So to take advantage of saving a bit more money.
I decided yesterday that I wanted to buy more fish for my fish tank, along with a couple more plant decorations to help liven my tank back up again. 

But I'd also been looking to add some more smaller fish to my tank. Ones that would swim around the top portion as most of my fish tend to hang out in the middle/bottom areas of the tank. 

A week or so ago, to see if my tank could handle smaller fish, I added in some neon tetras.
Because we have them on sale currently, and if they could live in my tank that would mean that the fish I suspected had killed the last batch...was now gone. As I have lost a few fish in the meantime, some of them bigger and known to be more aggressive. 

And thankfully they're all still doing fine!
So I felt confident in trying out a more sensitive fish.
The guppies. 
As a coworker had given me their fish and one of them was a guppy and I didn't want him to be lonely.
And he'd survived in my tank the past couple of days. 
So I felt like it would be okay to grab a handful of guppies, along with some more zebra danios to increase my school as I was down to three.

It's amazing.
How much a difference adding in a handful of plants and a dozen fish can make to changing the dynamic of my tank.

Like the neon tetras had been hanging out in the back out of site.
But now they're venturing towards the front of the tank, swimming around in their little school.

While the guppies and danios are hanging out near the top, though I do hope that they'll venture down a little bit more so you can see them without having to sit on the floor to do so. Time will tell.

But I'm glad that the addition of the plants seems to have changed the dynamics of the tank enough to allow the fish to readjust their territories so I can see more of them. 

Yay for more fish! 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment