Sunday, June 7, 2020

Where's the Lines?

I've said it before and I'll probably say it again.
But I'll take driving in the snow any day to driving in the rain. XP
Like at least in snow you can see where the other cars have been and depend on their tire tracks to be your guide for where the lines are.

In the rain?
Not so much.
The lines are nearly invisible it feels like.
Hence why I don't usually like to drive in the dark in the rain.
Why make your life more difficult when the reflection of the water on the pavement makes those white lines basically nearly invisible?

However I wasn't driving in the dark today.
Though I was driving in the rain.
As there was quite the storm going on as I headed up north to pick up my Daddoo from the airport. 

I didn't think it would be an issue.

But apparently sunlight can cause it's own reflective issues on a wet surface.
*exhales*

Like over my head it was overcast.
But ahead of me the end of the storm was approaching and so the sun was shining.
And with grey clouds overhead.
Driving over wet grey concrete with white lines that have a thin layer of water over them...plus with the mist kicked up like a low hanging cloud over the freeway....

It was a wonder that I could stay in the lines at all.
Because I couldn't see them.
At all.

Mostly I just stuck to the outside lane where I could see the yellow line marking the edge of the road.
Because at least that I could see.

Thankfully I didn't encounter any issues or anything beyond having difficulty with line visiblity.

But it does cement the fact that I really don't like driving in the rain. XP 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment