Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Little Fix-its.

It's always interesting to see how my coworkers confront problems that come up at work that they usually don't have to deal with.

Like. Because I'm usually the morning opener for 5/7 days of the week.
I usually handle the bedding changes and the invoices/paperwork/shipments that come in with our animals and such.

But I was off yesterday.
A day where we had crickets come in. And a feeder goldfish shipment come in.
And who knows if any other shipments also were there. 

But in any case.
It was quite the hourish that I spent figuring out just 'what had happened' and fixing it.

Like the crickets made it into their container just fine.
It was the invoices that had vanished.

And I only realized we got in THREE cricket shipments when I went on the computer to check out the goldfish shipment and realized i needed to track down THREE invoices that hadn't been received.

And that somehow one of my coworkers had decided that one of the invoices was a good 'note taking' piece of paper and had thrown it away when they were done with it.
-I only noticed it was in the trash because it was right on top as I threw something else away.
And that the two other cricket invoices had been filed in the 'completed' folder....even though they hadn't yet been completed as you have to receive in the invoices by computer to let the system know that a) we got the shipment and b) how many died/wereshorted etc. 

I couldn't ever find the physical copy of the goldfish paperwork. *exhales*
And that only became a necessary thing to find --which triggered me having to hunt down the cricket POs as well because the goldfish that came in weren't put in their proper tanks.

Like our feeder goldfish tanks are set up as they are for a reason.
We have 8 goldfish tanks.
But we only use 6 of them. 
So that we can keep a clear barrier between the sizes of fish so that we are accurate in our inventory.
So we have 2 tanks of large goldfish.
an empty tank
2 tanks of small goldfish
an empty tank
and then 2 tanks of xsmall goldfish.

That way there's a clear divide.

Only whoever had released the goldfish yesterday into their tanks...had placed them in the empty tanks instead of in with the other fish their size. *exhales*
I can halfway see the logic behind doing that. 
But at the same time.
It makes it difficult when there are fish in the tanks between the small and the xsmall...but I don't know if the fish in that tank came in on the PO as small goldfish or xsmall goldfish (as they're often of similar size when they come in and it's only the paperwork that tells us differently) 

So I had to go hunt down the PO to figure out if the goldfish that came in were small or extra small.

-The large ones were obviously large so that was easy.

But yah. I then had to fish out 900 fish (300 large, 600 small) and get them into their proper spots so that our two empty tanks would once again be empty.

It's just.... *exhales* semi frustrating.
Like I get that people aren't as observant as I am.
And maybe they never realized that we keep two tanks empty on purpose.
Maybe they were thinking that we just keep each shipment of fish separate from previous shipments of fish.

But it's just...frustrating to have to follow behind another person and basically redo their job because it wasn't done properly the first time. 

Bright side...ish...is that it did help pass the time and gave me something to do to keep myself from running out of things to do before my shift was over. 

But yah...it's not something I'm particularly keen on having to do every single day when I come in for an evening shift.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi 

No comments:

Post a Comment