Monday, June 22, 2020

To the Races

I've been spending more time than usual watching youtube videos.
As I get to the point in the day where I crave for stimulation and apparently watching youtube videos on random things is what entertains me when I don't want to think to write anymore.

That's kinda how I got into watching mountain biking videos. Just saw one one day and decided to watch it and I'm hooked!!

Another type of video I've gotten into though is marble racing.

Like it was the most random thing that I hit for funsies and I'm actually really intrigued by it.

There's differing youtube channels where they use marbles in like an Olympic style competition of like racing and jumping and balancing and the like.
But then there's also like 'car racing' style of marble races where the marbles are placed on a track --either a plastic or a dirt created one and are sent to race around it within a certain amount of time or for a certain amount of laps.

And it's like crazy.
I'm fascinated by the racing ones.
Because there's often a narrator that narrates like you'd see in the Nascar races.
And like even though it's just marbles racing around a track.
It's crazy to see how...idk realistic it is?
Like you know there's no people driving in a marble. But the marbles can speed up and pass other marbles, they can crash into each other, they can hit a curve wrong and suddenly end up in last place.

Like it's basically just a race of chance to the best marble. But it's so interesting that marbles aren't all equal. That some can roll faster, jump further, spin longer....it's just...a concept that I hadn't ever consciously thought about (except maybe waaay back as a kid when I built marble tracks) and it's just so cool to watch.
Watch and see if your favorite marble will win or if it will come in last place. 

It's definitely something that captivates the mind when my brain is tired but still wants to be 'doing' something.
So yah. Mountain Biking and Marble Racing is what I currently watch on Youtube when I want to 'do' something but I'm too tired to think after work. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment