Monday, June 1, 2020

Getting Food

It's kinda weird.
To think about the fact that I haven't sat down and eaten in a fast food place or restaurant in months.
Like...I think February was the last time I went out? For my sister's wedding luncheon?

So it's been forever. 

Now we didn't go out to eat today.
I'm still a bit leery about eating in public places as cases in my state aren't yet decreasing.
We're actually having an increase this week.
Which isn't unsurprising as they loosened restrictions like what...two weeks ago? So yah. An uptick in cases being reported isn't surprising at all.

So my roomies and I didn't go out to eat. 
We decided to do take out instead. Curb-side pickup. 
To celebrate a new beginning.

It was weird.

As we chose to order from Texas Roadhouse. 
Because we haven't been there in ages.
And their steaks sounded really good.

It's weird...like we grab fast food all the time through the drive thru.
But Texas Roadhouse is a sit down restaurant.
So it was weird...to bring 'sit down restaurant' food home. 
and eat it at the table.
At home.

It was tasty. 
And quiet.
Like Texas Roadhouse is always a bit noisy. Music playing and TVs going and such. 

Here at home?
No music playing.
Just me and the roomies.
Sitting around the table.
Chatting.
Talking.
Laughing.

Relaxing in a way that we haven't been able to relax in forever. 
So it was great.
A great way to end the day.
On a positive note.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi





No comments:

Post a Comment