Sunday, May 31, 2020

Visits

I drove up North today. To see the family.
Which was kinda weird in of itself.
Like...it's not unusual for me to not visit home that often. 
I mean since Mother Dearest Passed my trips have been more numrous.
But like....
It's not a long drive to get to hometown.
But it felt like it's been forever since I've been up there.
Though a month isn't that long....

I suppose it was just more tense.
As part of the journey to get to hometown does involve driving by the Capital.
Where protests have been happening. 
Where there was a curfew put in place so that people couldn't be out just because things are...tense.

Thankfully I didn't need to leave the freeway as I drove by the Capital to go home. 

But like...it was tense.  
Not that I saw anything. The freeway is too far away from the downtown area to see anything.

But I am grateful I live in more...mellow areas. Where there's less risk of violence or protests breaking out.

Still.
It was tense.
Things have been tense and I don't like that.

So I was grateful to be able to spend the evening with my family. 
Having a bbq.
And catching up.

It was amazing to just have bonding time and to talk about everything and nothing.

And I'm grateful that I live near enough to my Daddoo and my siblings that we can see each other whenever we want (safely as precautions allow) 

It was good to just chill for a bit. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment